Thursday, June 17, 2010

Canada, Pride and New Kids (what else?)

Last weekend, I performed at Leo’s Komedy Korner in Windsor, Ontario, Canada with the very funny Jeff Dwoskin and Leo Dufour.


Smiling despite getting held at the Canadian border for over an hour moments earlier. The guards were probably just in awe of my ginormous earrings. And when I say in awe of, I really mean, they were terrified I could hide weapons in them.

On Saturday, my good friend and fellow comic, Jeanine Watt, stopped by to catch up.


After two fun shows, I drove home in some of the worst storms I’ve ever seen in my life.

This is a text you never want to receive while driving on a suspension bridge.

But, alas, I survived the storm, woke up the next morning and attended Motor City Pride (read: I parked my butt in the Beer Garden and drank entirely too much Bud Light Lime).

I did manage to take a break from beer-drinking to snap some pictures.

The Necto outside. Just like the dance club, except without people getting it on in the bathroom.


My favorite t-shirt I saw at the festival (although being Scottish might make me slightly biased).

After sobering up, I drove four hours to Hammond, Indiana to see the New Kids on the Block again. Will seeing my favorite guys from Boston ever get old? Not a chance.

Per usual, they were fabulous. Having a DJ with them really added a different dimension to their sound, and I loved how they performed “My Favorite Girl” to the music of Bell Biv Devoe’s “Poison.” Joe McIntyre’s combo rendition of “Twisted” and the Eurythmics’ “Sweet Dreams” was top notch, too!


Where are Danny‘s sunglasses? Perhaps he either wasn’t hung over from the night before, or he’s not a big Corey Hart fan.


Okay, so maybe it’s not just Danny. Perhaps Jordan and Joe were trying to camouflage being high or having crow’s feet.


Performing their acoustic rendition of “Single.”


During Joe’s performance of “Twisted/Sweet Dreams” (AKA: during the time I was nearly hyperventilating).


The conclusion of his performance (AKA: when I had to put my head between my legs and breathe into a paper bag).

After the show, I drove back to Ann Arbor. Ahem, well, immediately concluding the show, I stopped by the emergency room for a quick trip to regulate my breathing, but then I drove three hours home. I kid, I kid. I didn’t stop by the emergency room, but it was a pretty long drive back. Luckily, I had my ipod full of New Kids to provide some entertainment on the ride home.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you liked New Kids? I thought it was Backstreet?

    - Tanamor

    ReplyDelete