Saturday, August 6, 2011

Gotta get up, gotta get out, gotta get down...

Value World (AKA my favorite thrift store in Ann Arbor) was having a 50% off sale this weekend. So I scored a ton of great (read: horribly bubblegum) music on cassette for under a buck. I know what you're thinking: who in the world still has a cassette player? If you answered "Kate Brindle," you would be correct. You see, once upon a time, my CD player got stolen from my car, and as a future theft deterrent, I decided to install a tape player. It's worked like a charm, and it also allows me to completely indulge in my love for 80's/90's pop music.

An added bonus to toady's purchase? My boyfriend is seven years younger than I (I know, I know, cougar-schmougar), so I doubt he's heard any of these songs since he was around three when they were released. Wow, I can't wait to torture him, ahem, I mean share this beautiful music together.

Without further ado, here's a sample of what I picked up:







How badly does this song make you want to dance on a desk?

No comments:

Post a Comment