Monday, March 12, 2012

Dodging tornadoes

In the beginning of March, I headed down to Chattanooga, TN to perform at the Vaudeville Cafe. I had only been there once before, and that didn't even really count since I wasn't in the city itself (I was at a one-nighter outside of town where the MC introduced me as "a Yankee Girl"). So I loaded up on podcasts, techno music and Clif bars and prepared to make my drive down south.


From the rest stop in Tennessee. You have no idea how badly I wanted to take this. My apartment feels incomplete without it.

I had heard there were tornadoes in the area, but somehow I figured they wouldn't affect me (invincibility complex much?). Besides look what I found on my iPhone:



Seventies in March = a game I play. P.S. You know you're from the north when you don't care that there are death-producing weather conditions, and you're just excited because the temperature is in the 70's.

Well, turns out, there were tornadoes that plowed thru an area close to where I was supposed to perform. They even canceled the show on Friday. As I noted in a previous post, I am no stranger to mixing comedy with natural disasters.

On Saturday, the weather was clear, sunny and gorgeous as ever, and we had a great show that evening.



I had the pleasure of working with the very funny Rodney Wiggins, Kristine Kinsey and Bryan McCree.

I even got a chance to walk around and enjoy the sunshine during the day. Some pictures from my walk around the city:












I really enjoyed my time in Chattanooga! It's a beautiful city! And, this time, I didn't even get called a Yankee Girl (not even once).

No comments:

Post a Comment