Saturday, July 20, 2013

Just got my law school schedule!

Things got real today.  I just got my schedule for my first semester of law school at MSU, I just ordered some books online, and I just had a near heart attack when I looked at how much some of them cost.

I'm excited to start law school, but I'm definitely having mixed feelings.  It's been a while since I was a full-time student, so I'm not sure what to expect.  Sadly, I was expecting all-you-can-eat buffets like I had in undergrad, but since I'll be living in an apartment and not a dorm, it's pretty much going to be Ramen noodle city.

I look forward to moving into my new place, although I'm definitely going to miss Ann Arbor (AKA the city I always come back to) and I'm not exactly thrilled about loading up a U-Haul for the second time this year.

I know I'm going to be meeting a ton of new people, but at the same time, that kind of scares me. I can get up and tell a room full of strangers jokes, but having one-on-one conversations with real, live humans makes me a bit nervous.  I suppose everyone in my class will be in that same boat though.  It's like the first day of kindergarten all over again without the nametags and self-cut bangs.  And hopefully, nobody will try to eat paste.

So while I'm going to miss things like Trader Joe's and awesome vegan restaurants, I'm going to gain cheaper rent, lots of interactions with new people, and oh yeah, a law degree.

And I'm quite thrilled about that.

I just have so many butterflies that I can't decide if I want to grin, squeal or throw-up.  Maybe all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment