Monday, September 23, 2013

Raising funds and having fun and trying to think of clever blog titles


This week was mega-busy, but very fun!  In addition to studying and playing Candy Crush for 16 hours, I did a bunch of shows and participated in the Walk for Farm Animals (I also found time to eat copious amounts of Taco Bell as well).

On Wednesday, I worked with Norm Stulz at a fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club.  I absolutely love Norm!  Not only is his energy fantastic, but he has stage presence that would make any theater major jealous. 

After our show, we had some fun in the photobooth. The prompts:
1. You just got booked in Vegas! 
2. Turns out it's a one-nighter in a bowling alley. 
3. Where some really creepy weirdo hits on you. 
4. Oh well, at least you won fifteen bucks on the penny slots.

On Friday and Saturday, I worked at the Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase.  I really can't say enough about how awesome this place is!  This is the club where I started, and the place I spent most weekends of my twenties.  They're moving locations, and while I'm sad that I'll no longer worker at the old one again, I'm excited to see what the future holds in an even bigger, better venue.

On Sunday, I headed up to Grand Rapids to participate in the Walk for Farm Animals.  Not only did I get to see this adorable pig, but I also joined nearly 100 other activists to raise money for Farm Sanctuary.  If you haven't heard of Farm Sanctuary before, pop on over to their website (and while you're there, if you want to buy me a logo hoodie, I certainly wouldn't mind).  Their work is nothing short of incredible!

The walk took place during Art Prize, so we took full advantage of the captive audience and leafleted our little hearts out.  Overall, the walk was pretty easy (especially when compared to my half marathon the week before), and we managed to beat the rain  And best part?  We only got heckled once.  Way to not be rude (at least for the most part), western Michigan!







No comments:

Post a Comment