Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving

I started off my Thanksgiving by going live on Super Talk 1570 AM. My friend, Rusty, a producer and on-air talent, invited me on Super Talk's morning show so they could do a vegan Thanksgiving taste test.

I'm always eager to share tofurkey with people, and I appreciated the opportunity to speak about having a cruelty-free Thanksgiving by leaving animal products off the plate.



Ready to go live!
Rusty's first bite of tofurkey.
For the show, I made tofurkey, crispy green beans, mashed potatoes, and stuffing.

I am happy to report that Rusty really dug the food!

We chatted on air for a while and took some calls from listeners (who were quite supportive).

Thanks so much to Rusty and Super Talk for having me!

I spent the rest of Thanksgiving with my mom and Dan.
We're officially in 'I hate the cold so I insist on wearing a jacket indoors at all times' season.


Oh, and this cute boy, too:

Our annual Thanksgiving staring contest.
We made the typical Thanksgiving fare (green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, roasted asparagus and brussels sprouts, rolls, and cranberry sauce), which started as this:



And ended as this:


We also tried Field Roast for the first time, I absolutely loved it and found it to be pre-spiced to perfection. Plus, I liked the texture, which was firmer than tofu and felt more like tempeh when I bit into it.

For dessert, we had pumpkin pie and Dan's specialty: vegan ice cream chocolate pie. Basically, he makes the crust from crushed Oreo's, fills the thing with chocolate ice cream, and then tops it with chocolate sauce and pieces of dark chocolate. I'm pretty sure I went into a food coma after consuming it. Oh, but what a sweet food coma it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment