Thursday, November 1, 2018

Halloween

Halloween is my favorite holiday! I always get so excited to dress up, hand out candy, and go to parties. Although, in reality, what usually ends up happening is, I realize my grand costume ideas require too much work so I end up throwing together some sort of last-minute pun costume, and I sit at home in my PJ's eating all of the said candy I intended to hand out.

This year, I did make it out to trick-or-treat. Of course, I went under the guise of my daughter trick-or-treating. The problem is she is a 1-year-old who cannot speak. Thus, I went up to the houses myself, held out my her bag, and sheepishly said "trick-or-treat" the way a person in their thirties does when asking for free candy. Luckily, most people were happy to oblige, and as we were walking home, two people handing out candy demanded that "mom and dad take extra" since they didn't have nearly as many trick-or-treaters as they anticipated.

Well, twist my arm.

As I was walking around collecting candy, I realized my neighbors go all out on the decorations front.



I have some serious work to do.

I didn't even carve pumpkins this year. I just used a sharpie and called it good.



This was also the second year (of what’s sure to be many) of me making my child wear matching Halloween costumes. Barristers in 2017. Cows in 2018.





I'm going to be seriously sad on the day she's able to dress herself and inevitably starts objecting to my costume ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment