Friday, November 11, 2011

Halloween Extravaganza!

I absolutely love Halloween. In the words of Celine Dion, I lurve it! In the words of 50 Cent, I love it like a fat kid loves cake. So, as you can imagine, I was quite excited that, this year, I got to have a week's worth of Halloween festivities.

On Sunday, October 23, 2011, I performed at the Laugh Riot Dolls' Halloween Show at Joey's Comedy Club in Livonia, Michigan. It was so wonderful to perform with many of the funny women of Detroit, and of course, it was great to bust out a Halloween costume a week early.


Pre-show in my apartment. Definitely the most revealing outfit I've ever worn on stage.


Backstage at Joey's Comedy Club with Upchuck the Clown from Psychopathic Records. Juggalos of the world: be jealous, be very jealous.

Some of the other dolls from the show:










The following weekend, I headed to Rochester, Minnesota to perform at Goonie's Comedy Club for the first time. I had heard great things about the club (awesome audiences, really kind staff, etc.), and it definitely lived up to its reputation! Everyone was super nice there, and the audiences were smart and attentive.

Plus, the hotel (the Hilton Downtown) rocked! You know you're in a nice hotel when your room has mouthwash, a shower cap, and a lack of blood stained carpeting.

Not only did it have a nice workout room and pool, but it also had a refrigerator and microwave, which allowed me to make dinner every night. I swear, I'm going to write a cookbook and hotel room cooking (said book will feature ways to use the iron to make toast and coffee maker to make ramen noodles).

On Saturday night, nearly everyone at the club dressed up. Thinking nobody else would actually follow thru, I forwent my Halloween costume. However, when I walked in and saw people costumed as everything from Bat-Woman to a lime wedge, I was instantly filled with regret.


Pre-show shenanigans.

Simon Zais on stage. One playboy bunny jumpsuit + a ten minute MC spot = guts.



With Simon Zais (who MCed) and Jack Willhite (who headlined).


With the Goonie's staff.

After returning home from Rochester, Drew and I decided to embrace the sluttiness that has become Halloween. Yes, we actually left the house like this.



Due to the economic downturn, strip clubs have developed a multi-tier program. The one on the left is for men who've already had five pitchers of PBR.


Drew is having a hard time finding work as a writer.


When Drew told his parents he was going back to school, this is not quite what they envisioned.


A nurse and a schoolgirl walk into a bar...

Sadly, since Halloween fell on a Monday, not very many other people were in costume. But, as you can see, that didn't stop us from rocking our skank-tacular outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment