Saturday, August 17, 2013

Busy busy busy!

What a busy week!  I packed nearly everything I own into my Honda Civic, moved into a new apartment, celebrated my birthday, ate ridiculous amounts of food, gained three pounds from said ridiculous amounts of food and told lots of jokes.

I performed at Joey's Comedy Club in Livonia, Michigan where I worked with my my good buddy, Steve Sabo. This marks the first time in a while that we've actually performed together in the Eastern time zone (where we actually live); usually we have our adventures in Wyoming or Montana.



We had a lot of fun shows, and I even got a couple free drinks. Mama loves her some of those!

In addition to moving to my new apartment in East Lansing, I became an official Spartan:

The move went fairly smoothly, and I even managed to make a home cooked meal my first night there (recipe at the bottom).
And in case you're wondering, yes, I made the beer, too. I'm quite talented.

After that, it was nothing but restaurants (as you can imagine I protested for hours because I just hate going out to eat so much).

I went to BD's Mongolian BBQ (one of my favorite places), and discovered they serve gardein products.  When I found this out, I swear, I think I heard angels sing.  It was so delicious!

To celebrate my birthday, this guy took me to eat more, get coffee and see Elysium. 
 I also had sushi with my dad, and my mom made me the most delicious vegan cake.
Sadly, it didn't last long because it was so good.

Now, onto South Dakota!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recipe for Peanutty Pumpkin Stew

1 tbs olive oil, 1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 potato, 2 garlic cloves, 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes, 1 (16 oz) solid pack pumpkin, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 2 tbs soy sauce, 2 tsp hot/mild curry powder, 2 cups vegetable stock, 1.5 cups cooked or 15.5 oz kidney beans drained and rinsed, 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies, 1 cup thawed peas, 1/4 cup chopped peanuts Directions (4 to 6 servings):

1. Saute onions, garlic, carrots and potato in a large pot. Cover and cook until softened.
2. Stir in tomatoes, pumpkin, peanut butter, soy sauce, curry powder and stock, stirring after each addition. Add beans and chilies stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
3. Shortly before serving stir in peas.
4.  Garnish with chopped peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment