Saturday, August 3, 2013

Jersey Shore


I took a break from comedy for the week to head to Drew's cousin's wedding at the Jersey Shore.  It was my first time there.  Sadly, I didn't see anyone getting punched in the face or passing out on the dance floor like the show depicts, but I did get to check out the beaches and boardwalk.

And, it was a fun reason to get fancy.  Of course, by get fancy, I mean wear Spanx.


We had a great time at the wedding, and Drew's family couldn't be nicer!  Plus, apparently, they are classy on the East Coast and don't do things like the chicken dance.  And get this: people actually dress up to weddings!  Take note Michigan: shorts and flip-flops are not proper wedding attire.

Although we were only there for a couple days, I met so many of Drew's family members and ate so much delicious food (Drew's cousins, the bride and groom, even saw to it that we had a special vegan meal).  It was a whirlwind trip, and I wish we could have stayed longer, especially because I miss hearing east coast accents on a daily basis like I did in college.   

Somehow getting told to f*ck off by someone with a thick Brooklyn accent is actually kind of, dare I say, cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment