Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Merry Christmas!



To those who celebrate it, Merry Christmas!

I had a really nice holiday season, and I hope you did, too. I got to spend time with family, I ate way too many Christmas cookies (although, is there ever really such thing as too many?), and I watched more cheesey holidays films than I care to admit. I absolutely love Christmas movies, but even I couldn't stomach the bad acting and corny story lines in some of them (for example, kittens having to steal Santa's sleigh in order to save Christmas when Santa comes down with a spontaneous cat allergies).

I took my daughter to see Santa not one, not two, but four times. She hated it every single time. So, as a result, I ended up getting my picture with Mr. and Mrs. Claus instead. I'm still waiting to see if my parents will be hanging these photos on their fridge and sending them out along with their next Christmas newsletter.

I guess you're never too old to sit on some random stranger's lap?


I also checked out Christmas at the Corunna Historical Village for the first time. I had seen the buildings (all of which are from the 1800's, I believe) during the summer, but for the holiday season, they are open to the public. It was really interesting to look inside and imagine what life must have been like.

Some of the buildings:



We spent Christmas with both Dan's and my sides of the family, which was nice. Santa was quite good to me. At the top of my list of favorite presents: a vegan gummy bear kit and THIS:


Debbie Gibson is my childhood idol (and first concert), and I was seriously dying when I opened this video!

I didn't take any pictures of our tree this year, but I did get a shot of us attempting to pose in front of it.
Self-timer problems.
Different tree + selfie mode = that's more like it. 
After Christmas, I headed up to the Upper Peninsula for a show. Thankfully, it wasn't like two years ago in that there were no car accidents involved. Although, what would performing up north in the winter be without driving in ice? So there certainly was some of that.

Christmas decorations at my gig. My kind of tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment