Saturday, October 30, 2010

My trip to Guatemala - Day 23

October 4, 2010

Today was my last full day in Guatemala. Since I didn't have class, I had a lazy morning. I woke up, ate breakfast and took my last moments on the roof. I sat in the sun for a while, letting the rays warm my face.

After a while, my housemate, Nery, joined me and challenged me to a game of Speed. No, he didn't invite me to do drugs with him; Speed is a card game. Even though he beat me mercilessly, it was quite fun. If you haven't played before, it's rather easy to learn, and you can read the rules on Wikipedia.



In the afternoon, I completed the daunting task of stuffing a month's worth of clothes into a carry-on suitcase. I don't advise doing that, my friends, and frankly, listing the first 500 numbers of pi would have been easier and more fun. But, to quote Larry the Cable Guy, I got-r-done, and now, I just need to pack my shampoo and other bathroom items.

At night, I headed to Monoloco, where my friends here hosted a little going away party for me. It's amazing how quickly I've gotten to know my roommates and other people here. It feels like I've known them for much longer than a month. I was really touched that everyone came out to drink beer (read: get crunk) on my behalf.

Here's us, a few beers in, spelling out "cool" with our hands and mouths (which, in reality, is probably anything but).





To view more pictures of my trip, go check out my album on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment