Monday, June 20, 2011

NKOTBSB!

On Thursday, I had a chance to see the New Kids on the Block again. I hadn't seen them since last year, and I was suffering from some serious withdrawals.

So, when I heard they were going on tour with Backstreet Boys, I knew I had to experience them once more.

This was pretty much my reaction all week leading up to the show:

I seriously could not contain myself!

Courtney, my BFF from the time I was eleven, joined me for the boy band madness. Of course, now that we're no longer eleven, we had to stock up on some adult beverages to enjoy in the venue parking lot (which we thoroughly did). At the liquor store, we surveyed patrons and employees about who their favorite New Kid is. In case anyone is interested in knowing, the check-out guy's was Jordan.

That's Courtney dancing to "Step by Step" in the parking lot before the show:



NKOTB fo' life!


See? Even fetuses love New Kids!


Danny Wood's motorcycle that he's raffling off for breast cancer research. If you'd like to purchase a ticket, you can do so here.

Our seats for the concert were pretty terrible, but I had ridiculous perma-grin throughout the entire show. The New Kids were great as usual (are they ever anything but?)! Unlike at previous shows, they mostly performed their older hits. And Donnie Wahlberg wore a "Fight the Power" t-shirt, which made me swoon. I was also really impressed by the Backstreet Boys. Wow, can those guys sing! They did a lot of slow songs and a cappella harmonies, and they sounded fantastic.



I left the venue feeling completely nostalgic and like I had taken up permanent residence on Cloud 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment