Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My year has been made!

Imagine my delight, when I saw this:

For those of you who don't know, I am an NKOTB fanatic!  I've loved these guys for 24 years, and I don't see myself stopping any time soon.  Evidence of my obsession:

-I've driven over 12 hours to attend a concert.
-I've worked my magic (ahem: begged, pleaded and internet-stalked) to meet my favorite kid, Joey McIntyre, five times.
-I've dropped money to go on their cruise.
-I have framed pictures of them in my living room (and bedroom).
-I may or may not have made everyone I've dated learn their dance moves.

Last night, I even had a dream about them after I heard about the View announcement.  But, given my luck, it wasn't a dream where I got to do something cool, like, oh, I don't know, hang out with them.  Nope, I was a video editor who had the task of telling the director that I found their video concept strange.

Fingers crossed that in my next one, we're actually in the same room together.

So in honor of their announcement, here are some pictures of my obsession throughout the years:

A red-haired me after I internet-stalked my way into meeting Joey McIntyre for the first time. New York City, 1998.


When we met again in 2007.



Before a concert in Missouri in 2008.

 Showing off my NKOTB buttons and shirt after a 2009 concert in Richmond, Virginia.


2009 concert in Richmond, Virginia.


At the 2009 Virginia Beach meet and greet (I'm in the back, by the "C" in service).
 

Wet from the rain, but still super pumped to be in the FRONT ROW!


NKOTB cruise 2010.



Petting them on the 2010 NKOTB cruise. I desperately need one of those cardboard cut-outs for my house.


More cruise.


Meeting yet again (this time with my mom) on the cruise.


Stopping at the gas station before heading to a 2011 Detroit concert.



Yes, I wear my NKOTB shirt in public (quite frequently, actually). For you foodies out there, that's vegan mac and "cheese" with broccoli.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment