Friday, August 18, 2017

Outer Banks

My birthday weekend (yes, I celebrate the whole weekend; don't judge) started out with me waking up to a vegan chocolate cake.


It also included brunch from Seva.


On the actual day of my birthday, I met up with Andy Beningo, and we drove to the Outer Banks. The Comedy Club of the Outer Banks has always been one of my favorite rooms! Ed and Leslie, the owners, couldn't be nicer, and who doesn't love a paid vacation?

Andy and I had a lot of fun! And unlike in previous years, we didn't have to evacuate for a hurricane. Score!

During the day, we hung out at the ocean and the pool.



Is that what those are? You don't say.
We also stopped to check out one of the piers.



A sign from inside the pier.
But I brought my loofah...
We discovered a cool restaurant called the Outer Banks Brewing Station, where we thoroughly stuffed ourselves. "Hey, we're on vacation!" was our refrain whenever we debated eating fattening foods.



On our last day in town, we checked out the Wright Brothers memorial, and we also drove down to see the lost colony of Roanoke. Well, we didn't see it at all since it was lost. But, we went to where it was and watched a cheesy as all get out video at the visitor's center. We also hiked around a bit and discovered the amphitheater where they put on plays all about the lost colony.



At the end of our run, Andy dropped me off at the airport, and I was delighted to find this! I love me some Peanut Chews! They're quite hard to find in the Midwest, so whenever I'm in Virginia (where I flew out of), I have to stock up. You know, because heaven forbid, I run out of chocolatey peanut goodness.



Now, onto Duluth!

No comments:

Post a Comment