Monday, August 21, 2017

Signing trucks and trash talking at the county fair

When I got dropped off at the airport, I was informed that the first leg of my flight was canceled.

"But, good news," the ticket agent said. "Now I'll just get you on the direct flight."

Score!

So I flew to Chicago, spent the night in Milwaukee, and then made my way to Duluth. I worked with Bill Blank and Andy Mattfield, and we had two great shows at Dubh Linn's pub. I also got to sign a truck for the first time!



On Sunday, I spent the day with my buddy, Tim, his fiance, her daughter, and this little man:



Oh, and Sage, Tim's cutie pa-tooty dog, hung out, too.


We kept with our canning tradition, and this year, we pickled banana peppers and canned them:



Tim made the most amazing food (vegan lemon pancakes, stuffed mushrooms, and Shepherd's pie), and I could kick myself for not taking more pictures of it!

Not only is he an amazing cook, but Tim is a canner extraordinaire! He entered three of his jellies into the Carlton County Fair. We stopped by to see how he had done and to collect any potential prizes he might have one. Turns out, he got two first places and a second place! Talk about cleaning up!



I was a little bummed that none of his competitors were there as I so wanted to trash talk on his behalf. I even started practicing: "you call that strawberry rubarb? Psh!"

Okay, so my trash talking might need a bit of work.

We also got to see a one room schoolhouse.




And I got in trobs.


Thankfully, rules have changed for teachers.


I always have such a blast in Duluth, and I am beyond lucky to have such wonderful friends! Leaving there is always hard...especially when my belly is full of all that homemade goodness. But, I'm pumped to perform in New Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment