Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Halloween

My Halloween was kind of low-key this year. Since it's my favorite holiday, I still managed to celebrate for a good week leading up to it though.

Throughout the month of October, I watched a ton of scary movies (including Don't Breathe, Lights Out, Ouija: Origin of Evil, and the new Blair Witch).


I also celebrated by eating veggie sushi (carrots are orange and ginger is almost orange; therefore Halloween-y) followed up carving pumpkins.

The 'stab the living crap out of it' technique.
I hadn't carved pumpkins in over five years, and from the looks of this picture, that's probably pretty obvious.

The weekend before Halloween, I performed at Level 2 Comedy Club in Fargo, North Dakota. I worked with Dave Dyer, and we had a great trip! Unfortunately, I didn't take too many pictures, but I did get a shot of the fancy salad I had at the club.

Oh, and I also took this one to prove I was there.
On Halloween itself, Dan and I got into our costumes and headed over to HopCat in East Lansing.

Sarah Palin in 2008 and Hillary Clinton in 2016. Halloween is really just an excuse for me to rock a killer pantsuit.

Don't tell Bill this was my date.

Sadly, there weren't too many people dressed up, although we did find these folks. And we also got several compliments on our costumes.
Hillary needs to take a lesson from Harley on how to pose.
We also headed to Whole Foods for some Chicago Diner cake, where we got quite a few stares. Apparently, people have never seen Beetlejuice chowing down on vegan buttercream.

After Halloween, of course I had to hit up all of the Halloween sale bins. It took everything in my power not to buy at least 18 of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment