Monday, June 6, 2011

If you enjoy looking at pictures of furniture, this entry is for you!

Traveling around the country is great fun, but some of the places where I stay are a bit lackluster (read: have blood stains on the carpet, cigarette burns on the blankets and random stickiness on the telephone). But, during the first week of May, I stayed at some wonderful places! So this entry is devoted to them (especially because I want to celebrate while I can as I'm sure I'll be back at the Motel 6 soon).

For my gig in Portage, Indiana, I stayed at a lovely inn that was tucked away in the woods. The name of it escapes me right now, but my room had a little deck with this view:




After Indiana, I headed to Ely, Minnesota. I had never heard of Ely before, and when I looked at the Atlas and saw a microscopic dot that represented the town, I wasn't expecting anything particularly cool. Wow, was I ever wrong! Ely is absolutely beautiful. The entire town seems really rustic and artsy, and it's surrounded by lakes and forests.

In Ely, I stayed here:


I was the only guest in the entire house, so I had the place to myself.




My home for the evening was the Indigo room, which featured (yep, you guessed it) indigo decor.








In Rothschild, Wisconsin, the comedy club where I performed, the Koo Koo's Nest, is located inside of the hotel. And the hotel just happened to have fireplaces in all of the rooms, and a water park! Hell to the yeah. I didn't get any pictures of the water park (apparently, they're worried about creeps snapping shots of people in their bathing suits, and accordingly, cameras are banned), but I did take a few of my room and the lobby.




No comments:

Post a Comment