Friday, February 17, 2012

Puppets

On Saturday, I was asked to perform at my first show for children. Because most of my jokes involve not-so-children-friendly material (my act isn't dirty, it's just that I don't think kids really appreciate the true comic genius of Jägermeister jokes), I was excited about the challenge. As the performance date drew closer, I began to get more and more nervous. In fact, I even told myself that I was counting the show as a success if nobody cried (both the children and me).

The show ended up being really fun! Angela Madden put the show together, and I worked with Chris Young, Mike O'Keefe and Khurum Sheikh. The best part? After we each did our sets, we got to play with puppets and do an impromptu puppet show.


Contemplating some last minute act clean-ups before the children arrive.

The Dreamland Theatre, in Ypsilanti, Michigan, where the show took place, was so cool. It's this quaint little place that's mostly used for marionette shows. Here are some shots of the various puppets and sites around the theatre:






First-time puppeteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment