Monday, August 5, 2013

Outer Banks and Williamsburg



This weekend, I headed down to the Outer Banks, North Carolina and Williamsburg, Virginia.  I love going to this area because 1. I used to live there so revisiting my old stomping grounds is always cool, 2. Ed and Leslie, who own the club, are super awesome and 3. it's near the beach!

On my way down, I picked up the headliner, Robert Mac, in Washington DC. 
(That's not him in DC, obviously, but it is him.)

If you haven't had a chance to catch one of his shows, do it now.  He's so smart and funny and such a brilliant joke writer!  He's also a vegetarian and a runner (Although, he's, like, a real runner and runs at twice the speed I do. But, considering I run 12 minute miles, I guess that's not too hard), so we had a lot to chat about.  He also appreciates 'the Bell' as much as I do, so we stopped three times throughout the week to have seven-layer burritos.

Our show in the Outer Banks was sold-out!  And I got to eat sushi in the green room.


Sadly, my plans to take advantage of all of this fun stuff (kayaks, hot tub and hammock) were thwarted by the rain.

But, I did get a chance to play with these two:

After our Outer Banks show, we headed up to Williamsburg.  On the way, we hit major traffic.  Note to self: the next time you're thinking of taking an exit to use the restroom, DO IT once the thought enters your head.  Otherwise, you're likely to hit two hours of stand-still traffic and experience your bladder nearly exploding.

 Making good use of the sunroof.

The hotel (which is where the comedy club is located) was really nice.  Indoor/outdoor pool and free printing at the business center?  Yes, please! 

My room:
 They even had this work-out area, which was empty every time I used it, so I was free to blast MTV's "Catfish" and hyperventilate while running as loudly as I pleased.
 On Friday, we woke up to do morning radio. Our call time was 10 am. Allow me to introduce you to the most hang-over friendly radio station ever:
 And then we headed to Colonial Williamsburg, where everything is like old times.  You can buy a $4 Mountain Dew and post pictures of it to your instagram account, just like they did in 1700.






 After walking around a bit, we headed into a peanut shop and took advantage of all of their free samples.  If only every place offered free samples.  P.S.  Taco Bell, get on that ASAP.

 We did four really fun shows, and then it was time to stop at Taco Bell again head back to good ol' Michigan.

Shout out to this dude for keeping me company on the 12 hour drive.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment