Wednesday, January 1, 2014

First day of 2014!

I'm pretty sure my resolutions (flossing, taking vitamins and sleeping 8 hours per day) officially qualify me as old and boring.

I also vowed to give up my one great addiction in life: diet soda. While soda doesn't cause me to hold up a bank or curse out my family at holiday gatherings (as many additions do), I feel like I'm probably giving myself countless tumors by drinking such massive quantities of chemicals. So I decided this would be the year I'd quit it entirely. 

I'm happy to report that day 1 was a success. I didn't get the shakes or anything like that, but I did think of diet cherry Pepsi nearly every five minutes. Hopefully that part gets easier. And if not, I suppose I'll just replace it with beer.

Just like 17 million other people, I went to the gym today and did my first run of 2014. And also like them, my gym-going won't make it past February.

I also had some delicious vegan sushi.
Happy 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment