Saturday, August 6, 2016

Super Hero 5K

Today, I decided to run my first race in three years. When I went back to law school, life got a bit overwhelming, and unfortunately, running was one of the first things to go (along with free time and hobbies) when I had to make more time for my studies.

Thus, I am quite out of shape.

I've been slowly plugging away at Couch-to-5K (the program that got me into running in the first place), but I kind of half-way did it.

I don't even think I've run an entire mile in three years. Oy.

So, rather than setting goals, I decided to make the only goal just to have fun. Considering this was the Super Hero 5K, and I got to run in a Superman costume, how could it not be fun?

I headed to Gallop Park in Ann Arbor, where I met up with my friend, Todd. This boy comes prepared:


Ready to fight crime. And by fight crime, I mean pant my way through attempting the race.
The course was absolutely beautiful. Gallop Park is one of my favorite parks since it's filled with many scenic trails and pretty lakes. Before law school, I remember spending countless days there, running, walking, and having picnics. So, it was great to get back! Plus, checking out all of the other super hero costumes was so fun.



Wishing my super power was the ability to create more time for naps!
After the race, I immediately piled my sweaty self into my car, drove to Milwaukee, and then performed at Bonkerz Comedy Club. You'll be happy to know that I did take a shower, too.

Much needed beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment