Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I rang in 2018 with my good friend, Norm Stulz, at the Holly Hotel. This was our second year in a row playing the Holly on New Year's Eve. It was a blast as always.

I didn't really make any resolutions this year as I often break them anyway, so what's the point? Heck, I stopped at Meijer for soy ice cream on the way home from the show. So, good thing "losing weight" wasn't officially a resolution as I broke it exactly 73 minutes into the new year. Instead, I made a list of goals. Some personal, some professional. I should probably write them down on here to keep myself accountable, but they're probably pretty boring, so I figured the notes section in my iPhone was the best place to leave them.

2017 was pretty incredible, and I can only hope 2018 compares. This past year included:

-a new baby (despite wanting children for a long, long time, I still can't believe I'm a mom)!!!!

Baby announcement that we never ended up posting. But, we printed out a fancy sign and posed for pictures in 90 degree heat, so I'm posting it here now since I figured I had to do something with it. 
-surviving and passing the bar exam (something I really don't care to repeat anytime soon), and later getting sworn in the State Bar of Michigan

-getting to knock some other states off my bucket list of performing in all 50 (Washington, New York, and California are now checked off)



-traveling to Australia and New Zealand

-more New Kids concerts (P.S. how could it not?)



-vacations in Chicago, Toronto, and San Diego

-receiving the honor of performing at the Brew HaHa

I'm truly thankful for all of my experiences this year, and so very excited about this coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment