Monday, April 15, 2019

Whirlwind of a week

What a whirlwind of a week! It started on Wednesday with a drive down to Indiana to perform at Goodfella’s. I always have a great time performing there, and this time was no exception. I got to work with the hilarious Rodney Lumpkins and Zach Boog.


And it was so much fun that I almost forgot about the fact that I had a four hour drive ahead of me that wouldn’t put me back home until 4 am.

Then, on Thursday, I performed at my home club, the Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase. This remains my favorite club to work, and it was a bonus that I got to share the stage with all women. Connie Ettinger, Nicole Majdali, and Brandi Alexander had me cracking up, and it was such a treat to share the stage and catch up with them.

Plus, several of my friends came out to the show, so it was a blast to see them! I was so appreciative of their support.

I can nostril-flare with the best of them!
On Friday, I did a fundraiser show for a sober-living support group at a church. Man, nothing will make you realize how many drinking jokes you have until you get asked to be church clean in front of a recovery group. I’m pretty sure I had about three minutes of material left. I kid, I kid. But, I was a bit nervous performing at a church. When I got there, I realized I had nothing to be nervous about because they were absolutely wonderful! They were unbelievably kind and a fun crowd, too. Plus, they gave me a goodie bag to take home with me, which was so sweet. Sadly, I didn’t get any pictures.

On Saturday, I went to a brunch, which was to die for! I have to post pictures because it was just way too beautiful not to.





And then, at night, it was back to Indiana. This time, the Fort Wayne Comedy Club. I really love that place! Michael Moses, who runs it, does a really great job, and the audiences are pretty fantastic. I shared the stage with Austin Hall and Nathan Orton (both of whom were so funny, and also really nice). Despite blending into the stage, that really is me.


On Sunday, I was honored to present about animal agriculture and the law at Western Michigan University. Since this is only the second time I’ve worn a suit in two years, I figured it needed documenting.



 And now...I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment