Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Adventures in Cleveland

Last week, I performed at the Funny Stop Comedy Club in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio for the first time. I worked with headliner Bruce Haynes and MC Rodney Bengston.

On Saturday, Rodney acted as a tour guide and took me, his girlfriend, Roberta, and fellow comic John Richardson (he was performing at the Cleveland Improv) all around Cleveland. And I must say, I completely dug the city! Seeing as this little video was all I knew about Cleveland, I had no idea I'd enjoy it so much.

One first stop was a neighborhood art fair and installation art gallery.



Here are some of the rooms at the gallery:







A picture I particularly liked:



At the fair, there were belly dancers, magicians and people participating in drum circles. Also, the local college radio station was giving away free CD's, and I'm happy to report I scored some Dar Williams.



A cool shirt I saw at a vintage store:



That's Roberta with the Ramones t-shirt she scored.


Looksy what I found at another vintage store:


After the art fair, we headed to Johnny Mango, which was a cute little cafe with lots of vegan-friendly food choices.


The burrito that's now in my stomach.


Once our bellies were full, we headed to downtown Cleveland. Isn't it cute?




We then took a tour of Hilarities Comedy Club. Wow, was the showroom ever beautiful! The pictures I took of the club didn't do it much justice, but I did get this shot of one of its many chandeliers.


That's John testing out the stage.


Not only did I have a great adventure in Cleveland, but I had a blast at the club. The staff was super nice, and all of the comics (including those who showed up to do guest sets) were really funny and very welcoming to me.

I'm definitely looking forward to returning to Cleveland when I go to the Britney Spears concert at the end of this month. Yep, that's right, I'm going to see BritBrit. I might even dress up like her. Pictures will definitely be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment