Friday, July 8, 2011

South Dakota

Last weekend, I performed in South Dakota for the first time. I started off in Brookings and performed here:


Getting there was quite the adventure. After an 18 hour drive, I crossed the border into South Dakota, where I got pulled over by *two* cop cars for having an air freshener hanging from my rear-view mirror. Apparently, they take their window obstruction offenses very seriously there.

Luckily, I got away with just a warning! I think they thought I had drugs because the one officer asked me A LOT of questions about where I was headed, and he kept peering into my back window. Then, about 300 yards up the road, I saw another cop searching someone's trunk. They would have been mighty disappointed if they searched my car because all they would have found were Tupac cassette tapes and peanut chew wrappers.

The show in Brookings was fun. The crowd was sparse, but the audience members we did have were good laughers and really nice people (read: they bought me beer).

On the day after the show, I ran on South Dakota State University's campus. How much do I love running in flat areas? It's just like running on a treadmill at the gym without having to stare at the person in front of you's butt sweat.

While I was on my run, I discovered their botanical gardens. So pretty!












After Brookings, I headed down to Sioux Falls to perform at Fat Daddy's Comedy Club, which is a great little venue located downtown. The staff members at Fat Daddy's were so nice, and the audiences were really fun! I tried a bunch of new jokes and even improvised with the crowd quite a bit.

During the day, I got to check out the Sioux Falls Farmers' Market and Falls Park. I was certainly impressed by how pretty the city was, and I'm excited to go back.


















No comments:

Post a Comment