Monday, April 8, 2013

Equality House!

This past weekend, I headed to Jeremiah Bullfrogs in Topeka, Kansas.  Bullfrogs has quickly become one of my favorite places to perform.  The staff is nice, the venue is a cute little theater and the crowds are fun.  Plus, they have giant beer, which I always love.

I had the pleasure of working with the very funny Tim Pulnik.

That's us with DJ Scobby, who came on after the show.

During the day, I was supposed to fill my time with training for my half marathon (it's only 3 weeks away - eek!), but instead, I went shopping (something I rarely do, as evidenced by my repetitive, wardrobe that significantly lacks style) and to a Japanese/Chinese buffet (all-you-can-eat vegan sushi rolls?  Um, yes, please.).  I also went to see the Equality House.  If you're not familiar with the Equality House (and its famous neighbor), you can learn more here.

I think it's so important to show Fred Phelps that his message of hate will not be tolerated.  I was quite pleased to learn that the Equality House has turned into a bit of a tourist destination.  When I pulled up, there was already a group of women taking pictures.  They were really nice and happily indulged my picture-taking obsession.

To support the Equality House, you can do so here.   





No comments:

Post a Comment