Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Swings and screams in Scotland

On our last full day in Scotland, we hopped on the Glasgow tour bus and took that around the city.

But, first, I made my mom go on these.


She protested quite a bit, but  by the time we were finally locked in, it was me who was freaking out.
A view from the air.
Despite being the only people screaming on the ride (children included), I am happy to report that we survived.

Here's a video of our little scream-fest.

Note that we still weren't brave enough to go on this:

After we were good and scared (and wind-blown), we hopped aboard the tour bus.


From there, we saw a bunch of sights.
More City Chambers because, well, why not, it's beautiful.
The Kelingrove Art Gallery.


After the tour, we decided to stop for lunch at this cozy Italian tapas place called La Vita Spuntini. It was in the university district, which was so cute. One of the best parts was (in addition to offering lots of delicious vegan choices), it had Christmas crackers. Naturally, I forced my mom to wear the crown her cracker contained throughout our meal. No pictures of that though, I'm afraid.


After removing our crowns, we met our cousin, Anne, at the pub for one last drink (or four).
 
 We ended up talking for hours, and our final goodbye was filled with many hugs and tears. I really wish we all lived closer. But, I suppose this is an excuse to head back sometime very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment