Monday, January 21, 2013

Auto Show Shuffle 5K

A few weeks ago, I had the brilliant (read: foolish) idea to sign-up for a 5K.  In January.  In Michigan.  Outside.  Keep in mind, this is what Michigan usually looks like in January:

We got slightly lucky in that the temperature was in the 30's instead of the -70's (not that the 30's is lucky, but when you live in a state that resembles an icebox for a good six months per year, you take what you can get).  However, the wind did not cooperate at all.  It blew at us with a cartoonish-like force (I seriously felt like I was running in place because I could barely move with all of the wind coming straight at my body), and I probably sounded like I was hyperventilating.  But, we pushed through and made it to the finish line.  And...with these results:

-Drew got fourth in his age group!
-I had a PR!

Some pictures (and a video at the end, for those of you who enjoy motion versions of under-eye bags and people nearly freezing to death):

All my gear.
 

Never miss an opportunity to wear pro-animal socks!

Feigning excitement over running in the winter. This is my "I love wearing 15 layers and still feeling freezing" face.

Trying not to look completely frozen.
Shots from along the course.

Finally!


No comments:

Post a Comment