Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Performing at an airport for the first time


This weekend, in Decatur, Illinois, I performed at an airport for the first time. It was significantly better than playing at a Greyhound Bus Station because the Decatur crowd actually had teeth.  Okay, so I haven't really performed at a Greyhound Bus Station (not unless you count hiding from crazy people as performing), but I did take a three week bus trip this past fall, which you can read about here.


Hanging in the green room/boarding area.  To pass time before the show, I didn't know whether to go over my notes or go through the body scanner. 

I ended up having such a great time at the show!  Working with Floyd and Brian is always fun, and Chris and the rest of the staff at the Main Hangar couldn't have been nicer!  They even hooked me up with this to-die-for vegan pizza (P.S. If you're ever in Decatur, go see the folks at the Main Hangar!  The food is amazing!  Tell 'em Kate Brindle sent you.  That probably won't get you anything, except a quizzical look and a "Kate who?," but tell 'em anyway). 


It was definitely cold there.  This was the Main Hangar's front door (note to self: secure bookings in Florida immediately):

But, I managed to warm myself up by running at 121 Fitness.
A liquor store next to the gym? Illinois makes it so easy to "rehydrate" after a workout. Tequila = the new Gatorade.

Not only was the food great, but the Main Hangar had sold out shows both nights!  And to make things even better, Bud Light sponsored the show!  If there's one thing about Kate Brindle, it's that she loves Bud Light.  So it was quite nice to always have a bottle in at least one of my hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment