Monday, May 27, 2013

LA


After my shows in Laughlin, I megabus-ed it to Los Angeles.  Can I just say I love megabus?  It's not nearly as scary as Greyhound in that I've yet to encounter someone a. get arrested or b. show me the knife in their pocket (both of which have happened to me on Greyhound), and if that's not enough, the bathroom rocks!  Seeing as I have a bladder the size of a lima bean, I frequent the restroom, well, frequently.  The toilets on Greyhound buses are glorified porta-potties, but on megabus, get this: they flush.  Be impressed, be very impressed.  I was!
 
I stayed with my friend, Brent (who also happens to be a really talented and hilarious stand-up, writer and actor), and we had a blast eating sushi, checking out the much acclaimed Veggie Grill, and giggling on the Santa Monica Pier roller coaster.




Sadly, we also experienced a lot of LA traffic.  

 Also sad?  I didn't have enough time to stalk Joey McIntyre while I was there.  So instead, I just listened to "Please Don't Go Girl" on repeat on my ipod.

Despite the traffic and lack of NKOTB-sightings, I think I might be in love with that city.  Awesome weather, great food and lovely friends - what's not to love?

If only megabus had a direct route from Michigan...

No comments:

Post a Comment