Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Headed to Alaska

After spending the night in a Vancouver hostel, my mom and I set out to board our home-for-the-next-week, Rhapsody of the Seas.  When we headed to the port, we realized that three other cruise ships were leaving at the same time ours was.  That meant 6,000 people in one room, all waiting to board.  Holy long bathroom lines, Batman!


Despite it looking rather chaotic, we were able to board fairly painlessly.  This may or may not be due to my mom tripping several passengers in front of us and paying off the boarder guards.


As soon as we boarded, we got acquainted with the ship (read: located where the buffet was and promptly stuffed our faces).  


The views as we set out for Alaska:

The pool deck:

The main lobby (wait, do ships technically have lobbies?):
 Our room (spacious, no?):

Oh, and the best part?  Free champagne at the welcome aboard reception. It's not weird to pound three in secret and then go back for your "first," right?


That's right, that is me in a dress.  A sure sign of the apocalypse.

Another sign?  I actually pulled myself away from the buffet for 45 minutes and worked out.


No comments:

Post a Comment