Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Flying back to the US

Today was a long, long travel day! Note to self: if you can, try to avoid a 12 hour flight followed by an 8 hour lay-over, followed by two more flights.

A sign from the Auckland airport...wondering if they really want me to comment about my irritable bowel syndrome using emojis.
The first leg (Auckland to LA) wasn't terrible, although I was seated next to a woman who informed me that she had a hip injury and would need to be getting out of the aisle (requiring me to let her out) every hour. Luckily, she was quite nice. But, there was definitely no sleep to be had on that flight.

Once in the US, I got through customs rather quickly, although I'm pretty sure if I'm ever wanted for a crime, this is the photo that'll be blasted all over the news to show my guilt.



The lay-over in LA seemed to take forever, and then the flight from LA to Denver was sold-out. So, my hopes of having a row to myself to sleep were quickly crushed.

I met up with Keith again in Denver (we were on different flights for the previous two), and we slap-happily recalled many of the newly created memories from our trip. We alternated between falling asleep sitting up and maniacally giggling from the lack of sleep. For some reason, the jet-lag and inability to sleep seemed much worse on the way home than it did on the way there.

This trip was so very worth it though, and I already vowed to return one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment