Saturday, October 30, 2010

My trip to Guatemala - Day 18

September 29, 2010

The ol' guesthouse got a new roommate today. His name is Calvin, he's 18 years old, and I don't know that he could make me laugh more. He's originally from California, but after a semester of college in Indiana, he came here to do volunteer work.

He's endlessly optimistic, smiley and animated, and he sounds like a surfer. After everything you say, he looks directly at you and says, "yo, that's real talk" or "that's what's up." Without fail. I still half-expect him to finger snap and add an Ali G-style "boo-ya-ca-sha" every once in a while for good measure.

I ate dinner with him, and we bonded over our mutual love of electronic music. I then retreated to my room and quietly laughed to myself as he rapped along with Notorious B.I.G.'s "Juicy." Had I not been so tired, I might have even joined him.

To view some pictures of my trip, go check out my album on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment