Saturday, October 30, 2010

My trip to Guatemala - Day 19

September 30, 2010

Today was a big, fat doozie. I came down with some serious cold/flu/yuckiness. I'm not sure what illness I have, but it's wicked and I hurt everywhere. My throat was so bad that I even skipped class today.

Instead, I hibernated inside and watched episodes of Intervention (my favorite show) in Spanish. What better way to learn a language than to watch a subtitled show that features drug addicts selling their bodies for crack? Like, for instance, I learned that the word for heroin in Spanish is heroína. And the word for cocaine in Spanish is cocaína.

So now, if I'm ever at a party with Spanish-speaking drug addicts, I will be able to communicate. It's good to know these things.

Fingers crossed that I get better tomorrow. Even though it's raining like nobody's business, I still hate being cooped up in the house.

To view some pictures of my trip, go check out my album on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment